A question about a recipe: Simple Summer Peach Cake

028ec69a ae48 43ff 993b 25bc09900f4f  9094917538 66daa1babb z

I have a question about the ingredient "ripe peaches" on the recipe "Simple Summer Peach Cake" from Savour. Should I skin the peaches or leave the skin on?

asked by adwillis about 6 years ago

You can leave the skin on!

I've made a peach pie where the unpeeled peach halves are set on the crust, peel side up, custard poured over them and baked. It works beautifully.

I was a "leave-the-peels-on" girl until some years ago when I was reated for digestive problems and my GI told me categorically to NEVER eat peach peels, because they were totally indigestible. Who knew? Since then, regardless of what any recipe says, I always peel the peaches. If they're ripe, the skins slip off quite easily.