🔕 🔔

Adding Apple to Jennifer Perillo's Sweet and Savory Tomato jam

The original recipe on Jennifer's blog contained chopped apple. This was not in the food 52 version. Has anyone made this with the chopped apples? Is there any reason not to add them? This sounds like a great addition

asked by jamcook about 5 years ago

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

My recipe is from food52 and dated 7-11-10 and contains no jam. This recipe is superb as is but why not give it a go? The natural pectin from the apple might make it firmer, also a good thing.

820467dc d1b2 4071 ae7b d918a3648548  image

I added the apple and it looks and tastes great, set up beautifully, and gave me a great yield..I tripled the recipe ..Thanks for the good advice

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

New input on this posting: http://www.food52.com/hotline...