🔕 🔔

Recommend a good brand of gluten-free pasta?

This is your basic nightmare - at least it is mine. I'm planning a dinner party for friends who are vegan and gluten-free. I have a pasta with a lentil-tomato sauce and plan on a nice roasted pepper salad, cornbread, berries for dessert - OK. What is a decent brand of gluten-free pasta?

asked by Lizthechef about 5 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Perform a gluten free brand pasta search on the side and click down to hotline. I remember someone asking this before.

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

Thanks - got a brand also recommended on twitter - very helpful! Hope I can find it at Whole Foods...

Ad0d3623 a28a 4793 82a8 5f1ab0a2f633  dsc00426

My go-to is Tinkyada rice pasta. I like the shorter styles like penne more than the long styles.

Ancient Harvest makes a corn-quinoa pasta that's good, too.

A local restaurant gives an option to leave out the pasta altogether and have the sauce on a bed of sautéed spinach. I've done this at home, too, with roasted zucchini or broccoli or any number of other veggies.

The bionature brand is good, if you can find it and Trader Joe's has a corn pasta as well as brown rice pastas that are okay. The trick is to not over cook it. Take the recommended time and subtract two minutes as a starting point. Also, you don't ever want to boil gluten free pasta, keep it at a simmer. Good luck! :)

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

And, assuming you are baking the cornbread (not buying) so know how to make it without adding wheat flour? Just a thought when you listed your menu...

Should all be lovely. And, expanding on vvvanessa, spaghetti squash is a fabulous stand-in veggie instead of pasta.

34267437 babb 46ca 8a81 fc129c852ed2  img 0099

Bionaturae, Ancient Harvest, Schar. We use these regularly. In addition to the tip about simmering, and not over-cooking, you have to stir the pasta or it will stick in clumps.

Hi there, i know this is a bit late but I just found a list on my grocers website.
http://www.harristeeter...

I really like the Trader Joe's brand corn pasta, especially with more savory sauces.