🔕 🔔

Hurricane outside. Can't use the grill. Need a recipe for the best way to cook pork chops inside. Thanks

asked by Frank123 about 5 years ago

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Quick brine--soak in heavily salted water for 30 minutes--then blot dry and broil until cooked through. Unless they are thin. Then flash sauté in some garlic and olive oil.

Fca4e46d 262a 416c 8ce5 316470249de2  565101 1406091363 1702312332 n

When in doubt (and certainly in a huge storm) I resort to my dad's classic, fall-aparty oven chops. He rubbed them with spices (garlic, pepper, paprika, thyme) browned them on each side in a large saucepan, then threw in a can of soup. I can't believe I am typing that out loud, but it's true. He used cream of mushroom or cream of celery, or cream of chicken...whatever dusty can he could grab....and added some water, covered and baked for at least an hour- maybe longer. Somewhere toward the end he took off the lid and let it bubble and brown a bit. Served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes. You have to be careful of the salt content if you use pre-made soup. Otherwise, I think sauteeing onions, then adding chicken broth and herbs would also work well.

Edfe409e 4744 406a 98e8 9c239638ad31  img 1965

This is my favorite pork chop recipe - it's not really similar to grilling, so if you are trying to recreate your grill recipe it might not be good, but it is delicious. I know it says veal chops, but the first time I made it I accidentally got pork chops and it was still great. http://www.nytimes.com...

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Here's a one word reply ... broil !

This looks like hell, but tastes really good and you might have all the ingredients on hand.

http://www.marthastewart...

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I like to brine in salt & brown sugar, then dredge in seasoned flour (pepper, oregano, paprika, cayenne) and sear in a screaming hot cast iron skillet, then finish in the oven (that's if they're thick, that is).