🔕 🔔

Warm weather food to pair with a big red wine

I'm hosting a lunch for friends and plan to serve an insanely delicious full-flavored cabernet sauvignon. It will be quite warm out and I'm having trouble coming up with something suited to both the wine and the weather. Any suggestions? It's a 2008 Baldacci Vineyards Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa.

asked by MeghanVK over 5 years ago

sounds to me like you're answering your question before you start. That's a dynamite cab, but in hot weather, it won't be nearly as wonderful as it should be.

Why not choose a menu suitable to the hot weather and serve a wine that complements it? And save the Baldacci for the fall, when everyone's in the mood for a big red wine?

8964b3c9 321d 4694 8cb9 0831179b34db  welovephotobooths 1 1042624

Definitely considered that, but I'm pretty sure there will be some pregnancy-related impediments to wine-drinking in the next few months from at least one of the guests :) I don't want to wait a year to enjoy it.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I am absolutely no wine expert but I know cabernet sauvignon is excellent with beef. What about a lovely steak salad with greens and cheese. And prep can be done ahead of time!

Thanks y'all! Meat with fruity sauce it is.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Wow, Clementinebakes, that sounds delicious! I think I'm going to steal your recipe. :)