🔕 🔔

Thai Carrot Salad

I got a recipe a long time ago from a Thai restaurant that has Yod Tip in it. Does anyone know what that is??
Thank you!

asked by gayle ortiz almost 5 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'm not sure of the specific recipe. But a base might be carrots shreds (with a veggie peeler). Cucumber, peeled seeded and cubed.
Dressed with a dressing of Lime Juice, Fish sauce, brown sugar, oil, a touch of salt). Herbs could be mint, basil.
Boost that up with any are all of: tomatoes, onions slices, peppers, and even some quickly cooked chicken breast slices (marinaded in lime juice).
And even further---some angle hair pasta, or thai rice noodles.
Garnish with crushed peanuts.

Looks as though it is "preserved pineapple jam" which sounds about right for anything with carrot! http://www.thaiyodthip...

or pineapple anyway...

Something sweet makes sense since the recipe calls for lots of fish sauce. Now I can use the kafir lime leaves from the tree I planted!
Many thanks for the good answer.

Gayle