🔕 🔔

How to store Dried Hot/Sweet Soppressata

I bought some hot and sweet soppressata/ dry Italian sausage from Emily's Pork Store in Williamsburg, now I'm curious how I can store this at home. Should I refrigerate it in it's original paper or leave out at room temp in a zip lock bag?

asked by James Durazzo almost 5 years ago

Depends... If its sliced keep in paper in a zip lock bag. If its whole just the paper.

I would refrigerated in the original paper in a ziplock bag like wine at should be stored at a certain tempature unless you have at meat cellar the refrigerator is your best place

30d29d6e ad6b 43d4 877f 543611313cd6  img 7763

Thanks.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Yes, refrigerate. This is a softer, not fully cured, sausage. In fact,depending on who is making it, it can be almost spreadable in texture.