🔕 🔔

Homemade Granola

Homemade granola recipes? I'm looking for recipes that aren't loaded with sugar. Thanks!!

asked by briecheese over 5 years ago

Try this recipe--and you aren't breaking any laws if you adjust the amount of sweeteners to your taste:

jacksonholefoodie

I agree with Maedl; the olive oil and maple granola is my stand-by recipe, and I leave out the brown sugar and reduce the maple syrup. It is the perfect combination of crispy, salty and just a tad sweet.

mainecook61

I make the recipe mentioned above once a month. However, it is too sweet. Reduce the syrup to 1/2 cup and the brown sugar to 1/4 cup. If you have no olive oil, vegetable oil will do. But don't leave out the coconut chips; shredded coconut will not do. There is a luxe version of this that uses pistachios instead of pecans.

chez_mere

I like to use 1 can of sweetened condensed milk per 11 cups of granola (oats, nuts, etc) and no other added sugar. Then I just thin it with 1-2 egg white ( for binding) a Tbsp or two of canola oil and a splash of water, along with any other flavorings you want. It isn't too sweet, adds protein, and still lower in fat than many packaged varieties.