🔕 🔔

Cherry Bounce Question

My cherry bounce is about to hit the 3 month mark so today I opened the jar to smell and taste it. It smells slightly sour but tastes sweet with a slight tartness to it. Should I add more sugar or honey to it? and if so should I warm it up any? Or is it fine?

asked by Comfort about 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

If you like the flavor, I wouldn't change it. The cherry bounce I've made wasn't super sweet. When you made recipe, did you make a sugar syrup? If so, follow the same process, but cool it completely before adding to the bounce. Good luck!

E7af6de6 b947 4985 9488 7211c4171507  new haircut

I agree with Amanda. Don't add a thing if it already tastes good to you!

I actually made mine by de-stemming and splitting the cherries adding the sugar to coat and pouring bourbon till they are covered and added vanilla extract to add a different dimension to the bounce. I may just keep it the same. However, should I make a syrup next time with it?

If the sugar dissolved, then no need to make a syrup!