🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt

B22e411f adbb 446f ad00 f349080d40d5  010411f 496

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt" from Rivka. It says:

"Add rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 cups water to the pot, set over medium heat, and bring to a boil. When water begins to boil, cover pot, transfer to oven, and cook for 17 minutes (the tried-and-true Amanda Hesser method!) until perfectly cooked. Remove from oven, uncover, and fluff with a fork. Set aside." What is the time difference for brown jasmine rice as opposed to white jasmine rice in this stovetop to oven technique? I'm afraid to lift the lid of my pan to keep checking because each time I do this I release all the steam. Thanks!

asked by MargaretMartinWinn about 5 years ago

4d625ded d965 42c7 b1ee ec9d7dc7fb4e  profilepic

Sorry, never tried brown rice in the oven so I'm not sure, but I'd guess 45 min.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

For the fragrant brown rices, the cooking time is still short -- maybe 3 - 5 min more, if necessary. You could just cook it on the stove top.