A question about a recipe: Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt

I have a question about step 3 on the recipe "Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt" from Rivka. It says:

"Add rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 cups water to the pot, set over medium heat, and bring to a boil. When water begins to boil, cover pot, transfer to oven, and cook for 17 minutes (the tried-and-true Amanda Hesser method!) until perfectly cooked. Remove from oven, uncover, and fluff with a fork. Set aside."
hi kitchen gods-
if i'm doubling the recipe do i still bake for 17 minutes or should time be adjusted?
thx

• Posted by: porcini
  • March 7, 2011
B22e411f adbb 446f ad00 f349080d40d5  010411f 496
Recipe question for: Mujaddara with Spiced Yogurt

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings March 7, 2011

17 minutes should still do the trick. It's about ratios. You're still using the same ratio of rice and water, so it should still absorb at the same rate. Take it out and check it at 17 minutes. If it needs another minute or two - fine, but I bet it won't.

Rivka
Rivka March 8, 2011

A friend actually did this last week, and it took longer than 17 minutes for the rice to fully absorb. Might leave it in an extra minute or two.