I've made a roasted red pepper "salsa". I left the seeds in to give it a spicy taste but it still is missing something. Would adding jalapenos be an acceptable adder? Or what spice might you suggest? Ingredients are; red peppers, green onions, canola oil, and sherry vinegar.

asked by LoisonMaui about 8 years ago

Christina Ward

If you're looking for depth of flavor, try any or all of the following: fresh chopped cilantro, tomatillos (will impart an "earthy" flavor), garlic, a little salt, a bit of fresh chopped basil.

Sunchowder

My favorite pepper is the Mexican Guajillo. You can take a whole one with seeds (dried) and zip it up in the blender. It adds a wonderful spicy flavor with a heat that hits the back of your tongue as opposed to Jalapenos which give that steady almost mouth-burning heat.

LoisonMaui

Thank you for your suggestions. Off to the kitchen.

anyone

A little bit of lime juice.