🔕 🔔

Suggestions on how to use frozen clam meat?

asked by Augusta about 5 years ago

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

Clam chowder. I doubt they'd be good for fried clams but you could try. You could also make stuffed clams. Well clam stuffing I guess if you don't have the shells. Linguine with clam sauce,

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I agree with the chowder and linguine. The only drawback is that clam meat toughens a bit when frozen so it may need a little more cooking time.

4d417afc 2d56 4538 a73b 2fe1fbc37a67  image

Wouldn't extra cooking only make the clams more tough? I would defrost, chop well and use with pasta, barely cooking the clams.

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

If you are making a stir-fry or even a pasta sauce, I don't defrost the clams, then the juices will become part of your sauce. A stir fry is hot enough to cook all the way through.
Mine are about the size of my pinky fingernail.

Try in scrambled eggs!