oats

we had steel cut oats made with scotch while in South Africa, it was amazing. anyone know how to make them, how much scotch to use and when to add it, etc.

asked by mikelien almost 6 years ago

Kenzi Wilbur

Was it in dessert form? If yes, take a look at this recipe for reference: http://food52.com/recipes...
If it was basically just oatmeal with whisky in it, I've read a few recipes that simply have you cook your oats as normal, and the whisky (a small amount to taste) is just stirred in at the end, right before serving, usually with a little honey. Hope this helps!

mikelien

This was for breakfast, I will try your suggestion and let you know how it works.

ChefOno

Whiskey for breakfast? I like the sound of that! Please keep us posted on your progress. :-)