🔕 🔔

In search of pumpkin cake recipe?

I've been looking for a lovely, moist pumpkin cake that isn't drowned in oil. I know oil makes it moister but there has to be another way!

asked by KatyM almost 5 years ago

I would try subbing unsweetened applesauce for all of some of the oil. I actually think it would work quite well here. Mashed banana may be another substitute. Also, if you just wanted the cake less oily but didn't mind having the oil in there to an extent, I'd say just cut back on some of the oil.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Of course there's a better way. Oil doesn't add flavor but butter does. Pumpkin + butter + brown sugar + whatever spices suit your fancy = cake worth eating.

also, here's the pumpkin link from the features section the other day:

http://www.saveur.com/gallery...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

You know what..and some might disagree...canned pumpkin filling is superior to DIY pumpkin recipes for pies and cakes.

I agree. They use the best pumpkins, consistency is consistent and, above all, it's less stringy.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

This one is fabulous--but took a lot longer to bake in my crazy oven.
http://food52.com/recipes...