Help! I lost my recipe for pumpkin seed crusted chicken!

Several years ago I had a recipe for pumpkin seed crusted chicken and my family loved it but now I can't find it. You toasted the pumpkin seed meats in coconut oil, I think, then ground them in a food processor, combined them with other spices, and coated chicken cutlets with them. Then you pan fried the cutlets in coconut oil. I just don't remember what other spices or ingredients there may have been and I have searched the Internet high and low for this recipe. Has anyone made this??

asked by Mary Melissa Hammond over 2 years ago

Stephanie

That sounds delicious! It seems like you have a pretty good base recipe to play around with. A few suggestions:

- I would suggest doing a traditional breading process: flour, egg, pumpkin seeds.
- Perhaps divide the pumpkin seeds and process half finely and half coarsely, so you have a textural variance.
- When I hear coconut oil and spices, my mind immediately goes to a variety of curry powders. Madras or traditional yellow would be really nice.
- The great thing about chicken though is that it's sort of a blank canvas for flavors, so perhaps chili powder and paprika, or whatever your favorite flavors are!

Stephanie

And I just found these recipes that might get you even closer to the dish you know!

http://cookforyourlife.org/recipes/pumpkin-seed-crusted-chicken/
https://www.washingtonpost...

Mary Melissa Hammond

Thank you! That first one sounds very close to what I remember! I am going to try that and swap out the olive oil for coconut oil. Thanks so much for your help, don't know why I couldn't find it. :)