A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. Can this be made dairy-free? Would Tofutti Cream Cheese work? Can the shredded cheese be omitted?

asked by Carolyn L. over 5 years ago

I've made this a lot, but never dairy free. I've used yogurt in place of the cream cheese though. Maybe you could use soy yogurt? And I think you could leave out the cheese, but it adds a lot of flavor,so if you're going to do that, increase the onions and garlic and throw in some chopped fresh herbs that you like.

broccolirose
broccolirose

Natalie is a recipe tester for Food52.

I've made this recipe several times too and I think tofutti cheese would work. You could also try daiya brand which is tapioca based and melts really well. You can find it at Whole Foods.

Hilarybee

Hi Carolyn, sorry I missed this. For next time, I think you could probably skip the cheese altogether. The Egg and quinoa are really the binding agents, and I think the quiche will be looser without cheese, but I think it will still hold up. I've used the Tofutti cream cheese, and I think that would work, too.