i have put too much chill powder in my pan how can i take the sting out of my meal

asked by @whitetiger_62 almost 8 years ago

SpecialSka

I did this recently with squash soup, so I feel your pain. I did a bit of searching, and the overall recommendation was to add sweetener. I will say that this did work, but the end product just tasted wrong and out of balance. Might depend on what you use--I used maple syrup and some agave. If there's a way to do this well, I'd love to hear it!

Martin69

What were you making when you did this? How much "over" did you put in? The reason I ask is there are a lot of ways to solve this problem depending on what it is in. Worst case is to "double" the recipe.