Can I bake a sheet pan recipe (chicken & veg) at 400 instead of 425? How do I adjust the cooking time?

I have sheet pan liners that make cleanup so much easier, but they are only recommended for temperatures up to 400 degrees.

asked by KatyBee 9 days ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I assume a sheet pan recipe is a recipe where one cooks everything on the same sheet pan? Everyone's oven is different and chicken sizes vary....so knowing when the chicken is cooked is key to altering this recipe. I can tell you one thing, its going to take longer.

KatyBee

Lol, thank you. Yes, that's the type of recipe I mean. I guess it was a stupid question.

MMH
MMH

U should b more concerned with the tempersture of the finished product. Use a ,eat thermomeature

KatyBee

I always use a meat thermometer. I was just hoping there was a rule of thumb I could apply, mostly so I can start dinner early enough or know when I do or don't have time for a recipe. I guess the answer is just the usual: try it a few times and then alter the recipe when I know the answer. Thank you!