🔕 🔔

Juicer?

I'm looking to replace my 25-year-old juicer. Any suggestions? I mostly make carrot and green juices.

asked by Sara from Brooklyn about 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Here is a really fantastic review that offers all kinds of juicers with a lot of data backing up how good they are:
http://thewirecutter.com...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

@Nozlee HA! I posted my link without look at yours...it's the same juicer Xeni mentioned her review.

Here's a review from Xeni Jardin from BoingBoing. About her experience with juicing while undergoing chemotherapy. With lots of good comments about juicers.
She recommends a Omega brand Masticating juicer---which is about to handle leafy green and things like wheat grass better than centrifuge styles.

http://boingboing.net/2012...

http://www.amazon.com/gp...

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Consider purchasing a Vita-Mix. The juicer leaves behind the good stuff. The Vita-Mix makes it all into juice and you get all the vitamins. They also last a long, long time.

I have a few friends that prefer the vita-mix over most juicers; however, I just ordered the NinjaMega professional series. We will see how well it juices.

Brevilles are widely used and have a solid reputation, but I recommend going with a masticating one. A lot of people say the Brevilles are faster but since the centrifugal method isnt always as efficient, I often end up running the pulp through--this not so time saving. The Hurom has been getting great ratings.

44f9ea1e 45a8 4ce1 b893 b8192c186dcf  open uri20121010 19560 7ckhkl 0

While I don't have a specific brand to recommend, I would highly suggest that you find one that clearly states how to clean it. Many years ago, I picked up a cheap one from Walmart to juice carrots. It was bulky and didn't break down easily for cleaning. The main parts couldn't even go into the dishwasher. After a few years, I just tossed it because I was too disgusted. Don't let it happen to you!

Good luck :-)