A question about a recipe: Butter And Herb Roast Turkey

D0cf4c02 1ef9 484d a12d cec3b3db00b4  webfood52 11 06 12 7989

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Butter And Herb Roast Turkey" from sdebrango. It says:

"Put turkey on work surface and make sure it's clean and dry. Insert fingers under skin to loosen the skin from the breast meat. Work slowly so you don't tear the skin. Place lid on pan and put into the oven. No basting required!" I'm a bit confused. When do you rub the compound butter on the breast (step 2)? Before step 1?

asked by nlm about 6 years ago

It seems like the sentence "Place lid on pan and put into the oven. No basting required!" got misplaced. It sounds like the compound butter (reserving some) gets placed under the skin before putting it in the pan

Yes, Monita's right -- I just moved that instruction to step 5 where it belongs. It should make more sense now!

Sorry for the confusion, I sometimes get ahead of myself, yes you put some of the compound butter under the skin, cover and bake then before you crank up the oven and brown the skin I baste the bird with more compound butter.