I have 8 ounces of marscapone cheese. Recipe ideas?

What should I do with 8 ounces of Marscapone cheese?

asked by ubs2007 over 5 years ago

Here are some ideas: http://food52.com/recipes...

ubs2007

Thanks so much! I'll try the figs.

The Spiced Life

Whenever I see mascarpone I always think tiramisu or cheesecake.

JenPesci

There is a great marscapone sour cream cheesecake on epicurious (I believe) or food & wine. Also delicious to top sautéed mushrooms and pasta with some basil and shallots.

bigpan

Put a couple spoonfuls in a martini glass, toss in a few fresh berries, drizzle with some good honey, top with some crushed hazelnuts.
Stand back and appreciate the applause.

I ate at a wonderful restaurant last night, and had this for dessert -- raspberries in reduced balsamic vinegar, pistachio gelato, topped with marscapone (probably mixed with something). Just delicious!

ubs2007

Thank you all for these scrumptious comments.

Hipimama

Panna Cotta ,easy fast!

Ben Pagel

Hope I'm not too late to the party. In the early days of trying to impress my (now) fiancee, I mixed mascarpone with Ghiradelli hot chocolate powder (have repeated it with dutch cocoa + powdered sugar) and a little Chambord raspberry liqueur. Then I layered it between a stack of thin chocolate chip cookies and drizzled the whole thing with a reduction of Chambord + raspbery preserves. Topped it with a few raspberries and poured the champagne.

Apparently it worked.