How to hard boil eggs in oven

ChezHenry
ChezHenry November 13, 2012

Put an ovenproof pot of water in the oven, with the water level able to cover your eggs. Water boils at 212 degrees, but it will take quite some time to get there in an oven! So I would crank up the oven to 500 degrees and get the water boiling. Once boiling reduce the oven to 300 degrees, and put your eggs in. The concern is if the cold or room temp eggs stop the boiling-without the direct heat of the stove it may be hard for the water to come back to a boil. But you don't want it to be at 500 degrees either, it will just evaporate. I think this will do the trick!

ChezHenry
ChezHenry November 13, 2012

The eggs will explode if they are put in "dry". You need to mimic the stove top method and have them in a water bath-basically keeping the water at 212 degrees to cook the eggs gently so they don't burst.

Voted the Best Reply!

billy
billy November 13, 2012

Maybe your question is about the Alton Brown technique that got some viral attention recently, which are for eggs called hard-boiled but actually baked dry? Those directions are here: http://www.huffingtonpost...

ChezHenry
ChezHenry November 13, 2012

Wow-Cool!