🔕 🔔

Can I bake gratin in a roaster instead?

Hi: I want to double a gratin recipe that originally serves 8-10 and calls for a 3qt gratin dish. I want to double the recipe and I'm wondering if I can make it in a medium sized Le Creuset roaster instead? Will that be too deep to cook properly? Thanks!

asked by Samantha Earl over 4 years ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

Any pan should work. You may have to adjust your cooking times for a deeper gratin. Just use a knife to pierce through to the bottom to make sure it is cooked through. You'll also have less of the crispy top layer relative to the rest of the gratin, but everything beneath will still cook through given enough time.