🔕 🔔

Good salt and pepper grinders

For Christmas this year, my dad has asked for a good set of salt and pepper grinders. He wants to be able to adjust the fineness of the grind on each, but he does not want electric ones. Do any Food52ers have or know of a set that fits the bill?

asked by LucyS about 5 years ago

D5541489 96fb 4b93 979f 7088809f4b2d  10373075 10100507743110541 5511741949794204925 o
Rebecca Vitale

Rebecca is a Recipe Tester for Food52

If you're looking for a set of gift-quality, perhaps something Peugeot? This one is on the lower end of what they offer, with both the salt and pepper mills are adjustable (screw-knob on top): http://www.amazon.com/Peugeot...

Here are some more, some higher-end and/or electronic: http://www.google.com/search...

Good luck!!

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I' have my Peugeot set for 40 + years.
I wish they would break so I can get some new sexy looking ones - but then again, why mess with success !
I have one for black pepper, one for white pepper, and one non-grinding for fine kosher salt.