🔕 🔔

Dry brined turkey

If I get my turkey frozen Monday , will I still have enough time to refrigerate and chill for 8hrs or am I out of luck for thankgiving 3 days away ? Thanks

asked by runningbear over 5 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

It's not a problem to dry brine a frozen turkey. You can read more of Russ Parson's answer here: http://articles.latimes...

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

The dry-brining recipe is flexible -- you can condense the brining time a bit and/or skip the uncovered, skin-drying phase in the fridge -- most important is to have enough time to defrost the bird, which will depend on its size. Count on at least a day for every 5 pounds, and thaw in cold water in a pinch!