The giblets and neck are frozen solid inside the turkey without plastic or paper wrapping. Is it okay to cook the turkey with these in the cavity?

I've rinsed the turkey inside and out and salted. It's in the fridge right now w/ a dry brine. Thanks for your assistance!

asked by Mary almost 2 years ago

No, haul them out when you can—if they stay a frozen lump inside, they could skew the roasting, secretly keeping part of the bird undercooked. Try jimmying them out again tomorrow, maybe rinsing the inside with more warmish water if needed. Good luck!

Mary

Thanks so much!

Rebecca Salisbury
Rebecca Salisbury

Rebecca is Food52's Director of Customer Care

As the turkey begins to defrost, I would remove them! I like to use them to flavor stock/gravy. This helps to ensure they're fully cooked. This is a great recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...