🔕 🔔

European-style butter in a recipe?

I'm making Dorie Greenspan's Swedish Visiting Cake. It is a very simple recipe -- butter (melted), sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, lemon rind. I'd like to experiment with European-style butters. Do I need to tweak the recipe in any way? Will I notice the difference?

asked by Thartge over 5 years ago

gheanna

European-style butter is often preferred to North American butter in baking, due to its higher fat content. Your cake will be noticeably more flavorful, but no tweaks should have to be made.

rt21

I agree European butter is higer in fat also less water, well worth the additional cost