🔕 🔔

Storing fried onions

I made fried onions to go on my green bean casserole. Both the recipe I used and another, similar one say to store them in air-tight containers. Neither one mentions if they should be stored in the fridge or at room temp. Any suggestions?

asked by WannabeBaker almost 5 years ago

I would wait until they are all the way cool & then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make sure they are cool or they will develop condensation and get soggy.

I wouldn't store in a fridge. Once cool, I would store with some sort of desiccant or at least paper towels in an airtight container.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

You may have already put them in the fridge, but I agree with FutureChef -- I think they would hold up best stored at room temp.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Room temp, for sure. Also if you're using them within the day I wouldn't bother keeping them in an air tight container. Resto I used to work at used fried shallots on all their salads and they kept the best this way.