🔕 🔔

Making lazy Mary's lemon tart. How big is a "large" Meyer lemon? These seem to be about half the size I a regular lemon. Should I use one, or

45542806 9571 4962 85de b814371b5b80  53234 making lazy mary s lemon tart.how big is a large meyer lemon these seem to be about half the size i a regular lemon.should i use one or 2

asked by TryItSheSaid over 5 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

I can't tell how many lemons are cut up in your photo. I'd probably use 6 of those chunks.

dymnyno

I just picked one of my Meyer lemons and it weights 3 3/4 ounces /105 gr. Use that as a guide and remember to just cut it up and throw the whole lemon, seeds and all into the blender. If I could make that change to my original recipe I would so clarify the recipe for everyone who tries it. (editors??) Have a happy Thanksgiving. dymnyno aka Lazy Mary

I've made the tart often, with veryng sizes of lemons, even sometimes with a lemon and a half if I think one is kind of small. Always a success, so I think the exact size isn't too important.

TryItSheSaid

Thank you Mary! Weight is very helpful.