Substitution in Lazy Mary lemon tart?

Hi! Found some Meyer lemons for once and thought I would finally try to make Lazy Mary's lemon tart (have been eyeing that recipe for a looong time). But... I just used my last stick of butter to make the crust, not realizing I would need one for the tart as well! Anything I could substitute for it? I have some creme fraiche, would that work? Or am I taking this lazy thing way too literally and I should just get over it and go to the store?

asked by LeGremlin almost 7 years ago

dymnyno

Well, I think you need to go to the store and get some butter. Or, call if something else. I'm pretty lazy, but a recipe is a recipe.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

An excellent reason to keep a package or two of butter in the freezer at all times!