🔕 🔔

what can i do with pickled meyer lemons?

a friend and i went on a "pickling spree" one day, and among other things, we pickled a big jar of meyer lemons... now what can i make with them? and how long would they last?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

6f614b0c 899e 467f b032 d68711f70a39  2011 03 07 18 28 41 870

How did you pickle them? Are they like preserved lemons? If so, you could use them in any recipe calling for them. Sounds like a great base for a marinade or sauce for fish or shellfish, maybe chicken, too. I'm intrigued. I have a small meyer lemon in my dining room window. Looks like I'll have 5 lemons this year, new all time high!

Wholefoods user icon

Yes, they're preserved. I was asking what are some specific recipes or general dishes that might call for them...

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

this was delicious! http://www.bonappetit.com...

5242e966 33b2 40fd be9b 92606991300f  sara clevering

They are a great accent to a grain salad to liven things up. Just a few days ago I made a chickpea-tomato-spinach stew (as simple as it sounds) with preserved lemons and it was fantastic. Check out any middle eastern or moroccan cookbook and it will be all over. Also Mark Bittman uses them a lot if you have any of his cookbooks.