🔕 🔔

Why are my cupcakes sticking to the cupcake liner? Is it just the fat content?

asked by thelittlefoodie almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Most cupcake liners aren't coated so it's normal for them to stick. More fat should make them release more but the never come off clean.

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

Did you just take the cupcakes out of the oven? i find that letting them sit in an airtight container (or just tightly sealed with plastic wrap) overnight softens the grip of the cake on the paper. :) Good luck!

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I hate when that happens! I usually spray my cupcake papers and pan with a little Pam, just to make sure they won't stick as much, or at all.

Happy cupcaking!