🔕 🔔

Looking for a reasonably priced roasting pan with rack

I don't want to spend All-Clad prices on this item, as we don't use it often (unless you know a 2nds source, I used to but forgot it.) I'm looking for something basic and a step up from the thin enamelware or even the aluminum disposable that I used this week. Anyone knowing of current bargains, please link, thanks. Can we get a decent one for $30?

asked by nutcakes about 5 years ago

I brought a really cheap one at ikea 2 years ago. I expected it to last 6mths tops but it's still going strong.

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Not quite $30 but Sur La Table's own brand makes pretty good quality stuff for its price point and is currently on sale (with free shipping to boot):
http://www.surlatable.com...

The thing about it is, anything cheaper than this is going to warp quickly, so you might as well be using the disposable aluminum ones at that point. Also keep in mind you want something that will caramelize the sucs (brown bits) to get a nice pan sauce.

Though double $30 we could consider it, looks nice, but it is too small for a Turkey at 9x13, yes?

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I have a Revere Ware roaster like this one on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing...
It's been great for me, as both top and bottom can be used as pans. A little thin for when it's used on top of the stove, but mine has survived for a long time.

5ae3f596 56a1 434d 8280 de5c5a461ef9  image

If you have a Costco near you they always carry a nice heavy duty one this time of year -- saw it there last week, I think it was under $40. I've had mine for years (turkeys, all roasting, etc.) & it has held up great. Only draw-back is the Teflon coating on the removable rack has chipped so I don't use it anymore. Also, check discount stores like Ross & TJ Maxx -- Ross had sturdy ones last week in your price range.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Here' sone with a rack. http://www.amazon.com/Chicago...

Graniteware (Walmart sells) is very affordable but some of them don't include a rack.

Cfdd183b f2d3 436f abf5 4a8285003ba1  monica

Unless it's important to you to have the high sides and handles, you could use a restaurant sheet pan (Vollrath, Lincoln Wearever) with a stainless cooling rack. I did this with a turkey once, and many times for chickens, ducks, and goose.