Hi! Anyone have a Tex-Mex Chili that you love? I like hearty, with lots of cheese, sour cream, etc. I don't have hours to cook. Thx!

Not sweet (cinnamon, sugar)

• Posted by: Bek
  • December 5, 2012

Jeanelle
Jeanelle December 5, 2012

My husband and I were just talking about how it is perfect chili weather now! My very favorite chili recipe, ever, is the vegetarian chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen. You don't have to make it vegetarian, though - it's very easy to just add meat to it. (I added ground bison to it last year for a Super Bowl party.) What I like about it is that, because it was developed as a vegetarian recipe, it has lots of heartiness that doesn't depend on tons of meat - there are peppers, tomatoes, onions, and FOUR kinds of beans. Incredibly hearty. The seasoning/spice balance is perfect, too - kicky but not burn-your-face hot, and very flavorful. You can just Google "America's Test Kitchen vegetarian chili" and there are a few sites and blogs that have published it.

Bek
Bek December 5, 2012

Thank you so much! I'm going to look it up right now. You are so right; it is perfect weather for chili and I'm in my 20s and I just had brain surgery last week so I'm in need or comfort food. I will get back to you. Really appreciate your help and timely answer :)

Jeanelle
Jeanelle December 5, 2012

You are so welcome! I also forgot to mention that this does not take much time at all to prepare, since you can use canned beans. Happy recovering!

Bek
Bek December 5, 2012

Thanks!!!

LLStone
LLStone December 5, 2012

I don't have a recipe, but I like the following in my texmex chili:
one or two chilis in adobo
mushrooms, sauteed,
jalapenos, chopped,
beans, (red and black)
Chili is such a wonderful thing - add what you want/have. And don't forget the oregano, chili powder, fennel seed, cumin, salt and pepper and cilantro. Finish w/ a squeeze of lime.