🔕 🔔

How to cook small amount of beans?

asked by ange almost 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Green beans? Dried beans? Coffee beans???

Pinto

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Dried beans can sometimes be problem...they take a long time IMHO. With long overnight soaking. Or a quick method where you boil and then rest them an hour and boil again. Still it takes time.

In theory there shouldn't be a difference between cooking a large batch and a small one. The only problem I can imagine would be running out of water before the beans are cooked though. If that's the issue, keep an eye on them and add more liquid as necessary (keeping track of how much you add for the next time).

Or are you looking for a recipe / instructions? Or???

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

Generally speaking, you can divide the pinto bean recipe you are using to fit the number of servings you want. On the other hand, whenever I cook up a pot of beans, I make enough to freeze a few servings to use on a day I'm feeling lazy. And they do make a good side dish for just about any hearty beef or pork meal, so my "spares" in the freezer tend to disappear quickly!

I was looking for instructions. Thank you everyone!