Dad's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies: a recipe?

I love the crunchy, milk-requiring texture of Dad's brand oatmeal cookies. All of the recipes I've found are for chewy oatmeal cookies... Does anyone know of a great recipe for thin, crunchy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?

asked by piper.m over 7 years ago

Merrill's recipe for Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, which popped up above (how smart are those recipe recommendations?!), is a really good one. As the recipe is written, they'll come out a little chewy, but if you leave them in the oven a couple extra minutes, they'll be good and crisp. Here's the direct link: http://bit.ly/guMvv9

Sadassa_Ulna

I am not familiar with Dad's brand, but this winter I started making crunchy oatmeal cookies with no chips and extra cinnamon. Overall it is very similar to Merrill's recipe proportion-wise, but with the following differences: 1 stick butter + 1/4 cup shortening (in lieu of the 2 sticks butter), and 1-3/4 cup flour instead of 1-1/4 cup. Also 2 eggs instead of one. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, instead of 375. OK so maybe not as similar as I thought. They come out very light and crunchy. I will post it now!

I make a very crispy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. Here is the recipe:

You can use nuts or not as you like, and if you like your oatmeal cookies spicy, feel free to add cinnamon and/or allspice as you desire.