🔕 🔔

Tube Pan

I need recommendations for a 9-inch tube pan (brand, source?) to bake, let's say, a Chocolate Dump-it Cake. Anyone have one they really like?

asked by maryvelasquez almost 5 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I bought mine at Williams-Sonoma and I like it very much. It's aluminum. I also have a non-stick tube pan, but I'm not a fan of it because with the dark coating, you have to adjust the temperature on recipes, and cakes didn't bake as well in it. Also, if you make something like angel food cake, you don't want non-stick.

Dc6dab61 0a80 4308 b0cf d5d06d9d7ac1  kroka kitchen

Thanks! The non-stick feature had me perplexed. Also, I assume smooth design is better than fancy curves of a Bundt pan for your Dump-it Cake.

Yes, it's a heavy cake, so I think a Bundt pan could be problematic. I love tube pans because you can always cut out the cake without losing any (though you shouldn't have to with the dump-it cake if you butter and flour the pan well). Good luck!