🔕 🔔

how long does basil stay after bought fresh? can it stay a week?

asked by momof2boys almost 7 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

if you cut the stems and put them in a glass of water (like cut flowers) they'll stay fresh a couple of days - refridgerator is bad for basil leaves!

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

sometimes if I have just leaves without stems to put in water, I put them in a plastic bag in my wine fridge at 58 degrees or so. The leaves don't seem to turn black at that temp.

5dc9f113 1ac0 4b05 b36f a244f4ca4ac0  photo 19

I wrap the bottoms in a wet paper towel and stick in a glass, dampening as needed. I think it should be fine.