can i make mashed potatoes ahead of time so i am not mashing potatoes when my guest are there. dinner is at 3, soup and antipasto first

asked by emilyg almost 8 years ago

Yes, definitely. Make them ahead, and 10 minutes before serving, reheat them over medium-low heat, stirring often, and adding more liquid if needed.

nutcakes

Hi, you can use the search box to find answers given before to common questions. Here is an interesting one:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

Valser

Last year my mom made the mashed potatoes and then stuck them in a crockpot on low- they were still really good 2 hours later when it was time to eat.

Maggie'sChef

I use Yukon Potatoes - they don't become cement when cold. I mash and add milk, butter and sour cream. They reheat in the microwave the following day as if I just made them