🔕 🔔

can i make mashed potatoes ahead of time so i am not mashing potatoes when my guest are there. dinner is at 3, soup and antipasto first

asked by emilyg almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes, definitely. Make them ahead, and 10 minutes before serving, reheat them over medium-low heat, stirring often, and adding more liquid if needed.

Hi, you can use the search box to find answers given before to common questions. Here is an interesting one:
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

5dc9f113 1ac0 4b05 b36f a244f4ca4ac0  photo 19

Last year my mom made the mashed potatoes and then stuck them in a crockpot on low- they were still really good 2 hours later when it was time to eat.

I use Yukon Potatoes - they don't become cement when cold. I mash and add milk, butter and sour cream. They reheat in the microwave the following day as if I just made them