🔕 🔔

healthierkitchen

Grandma DiLauras gnocchi are delicious! Also, you can mix some into scrambled eggs with chives, or mixed in with pasta and roasted eggplant and tomatoes.

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend, so tonight I'm making this herbed ricotta tart. http://www.cookinglight...

Omeletta
Omeletta

Ruthy is a Recipe Tester for Food52

I love ricotta cake, too- especially at the holidays!

I'd make Italian Ricotta Cheesecake, http://giulianohazan.com...

Kukla's Lemon Ricotta bars here are wonderful!
http://food52.com/recipes...

Sweets

Fabulous ideas! Thank you. Now, of course I want even more ricotta so I can make gnocchi, tarts and cheesecake!

Make a white pizza. Ricotta, garlic and mozzarella cheese for the base sauce. Top with red onions, mushrooms, asparagus..things that need to be cooked while baking the pizza.

At the last minuets of cooking, add cooked sliced chicken and herbage, like basil or arugula (tossed with oil so they go all dry) and Parmesan cheese.

jacksonholefoodie

Here are two of my favorite non-gnocchi uses for ricotta: Tuscan lemon muffins and Sweet ricotta with wine-poached figs: http://www.jacksonholefoodie...

fhp
fhp

Spinich:
Even if you have only a dollop left over you can make a beautiful filling for an omelette with your ricotta mixed with steamed chopped spinach, grated parmigiano and a little grate of nutmeg. Don't want an omelette?
Use the same mixture for making a divine grilled cheese sandwich. One of my favorite cheeses for this purpose is Vecchio Piave. These are two of my family's favorites.

fhp
fhp

Spinich:

fhp
fhp

Ooops, sorry twice is a little two much. But good!

Spoon ricotta into a bowl, top with nuts, a bit of honey, and lemon zest. Makes a great breakfast.