🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Coriander Beet Chips

32604107 48d1 4bb0 8281 41541817219f  img 9006nakedbeetchips500x381 1

I have a question about the recipe "Coriander Beet Chips" from Naked Beet. What brand of mandolin do you use? I am in the market for one but the reviews are all over the place as to which ones are decent.

asked by cabfood almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I really like a Japanese mandoline. They're a bit more expensive but very straight forward to use and are lightweight and easy to store

The Kyocera ceramic works very well (http://amzn.to/VbiuY8). I think it's about as reasonably-priced as you're going to get for something that performs well and is safe, meant for home cooking. (Good luck with the recipe - sounds yummy!)

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

There have been lots of hotline questions about mandoline recommendations, here's just one: http://food52.com/hotline...

For more answers do a search for mandolines and drop down to hotline (not recipes) and find lots of great answers.

Have fun & be careful - consider a glove if you're a klutz like me : )

A9a4b5a8 c8a5 45de bfda 445662f02fec  picture 2

I actually bought a cheap plastic one I found at my local Marshalls and it's really just fine. When I looked for one myself a few years ago, I encountered the same dilemma about the reviews. Unless you use one on a weekly basis, it might not matter as much. I hope you like the chips!