🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish

7fb417b3 726e 416d a5fc a3137cec67fa  112210f 304

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish" from TheWimpyVegetarian. I want to bring this dish to our family Christmas Eve party but it must survive a 45 minute car ride, then sit for an hour or two before dinner is served. Should I cook the delicata at my destination or can I pre-cook and heat back up before dinner (microwave or oven?)

asked by LBosworth29 over 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

While I've never made this dish I have made one similar with delicata squash and have successfully re-heated it the next day. I would do it covered in an oven

Oven. Just be sure to warn the people who's house you're going to that you may be taking up some oven space for a little while.
And I would wait to garnish with lime until you get there. Leaving it with lime on it overnight and then reheating it might make it a little bitter.