A question about a recipe: Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish

I have a question about the recipe "Crispy Delicata Rings with Currant, Fennel & Apple Relish" from ChezSuzanne.

boulangere December 4, 2011

What is your question? A team of my students prepared this dish a part of their final project recently, and it was simply excellent.

TheWimpyVegetarian
TheWimpyVegetarian December 4, 2011

I'm thrilled your students were cooking my recipes and am happy (and always relieved) that it worked out so well!!

Sherry339
Sherry339 December 4, 2011

So sorry! My first time to ask a question... I wondered if you could use acorn squash in this, maybe cutting it a little thinner. Or would it be too hard??

Thanks so much for your fast response!!

TheWimpyVegetarian
TheWimpyVegetarian December 4, 2011

Hi! Someone recently asked if they could use acorn squash, and thought it would work fine, although I admit I haven't tried it. If the squash is on the large size, it might be difficult to be so precise on slicing though. So one of my thoughts is to slice the acorn squash in half along it's length and scoop out the seeds and pulpy stuff, turn them upside down so the cut side faces down flat on your work surface, and then slice in half rings.

boulangere December 4, 2011

Acorn squash were what my students ended up using, and they worked beautifully!

Sherry339
Sherry339 December 4, 2011

That sounds delicious. Some cinnamon and a tiny little bit of brown sugar. Maybe cranberries? Mmmmm
Thanks!