🔕 🔔

I'm making a Hollandaise sauce. Is there a product that helps keep your bowl in place on the counter while you're tempering the eggs and milk?

asked by pollopicu over 5 years ago

Yes! Use a damp folded paper towel and place it underneath the bowl. This also works for cutting boards.

pollopicu

Thank you.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Do you happen to have one of those rubber grippers for opening jars? That's what I put under my bowls because their very design makes them non-skid.

A rubber mouse pad, inverted with the rubber on top. Placed on a damp tea towel.

TobiT

great use for all those promotional mouse pads we've amassed over the years!

WileyP

I have a couple pieces of the non-skid stuff you can line your drawers and shelves with. A piece of that under your bowl or cutting board does wonders!

pollopicu

Thanks for all the wonderful responses. I've been using the wet towel method myself for years. Was just wondering if there's an actual apparatus that holds the bowl on the counter..but I'm enjoying all of the idea bright ideas for keeping the bowl in place.