🔕 🔔

Can a food processor liquify vegetables and fruit?

I just tried to liquify some celery and broccoli, but I still have tiny chunks. Is there anything that I can do other than straining or using a blender?

asked by walkie74 over 4 years ago
8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I find that if you process in small batches you're more able to get rid of the chunks. Straining may be unavoidable.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

If you want "liquid", then consider using a juicer. Personally, I use a blender in small batches and put through a strainer. Extra work but the final result is superb.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

If you want a clear, pulp-free juice, you can take the mash from the food processor or blender (which I think would work better), put it in a dish towel/multi-layer cheese cloth/jelly bag held over a bowl, then squeeze, twish, squeeze, etc, to separate the pulp from the juice. Pulp can be used or composted, depending on how edible it is. Even a modest juicer will do the job in no time, though, and you can do drinkable portions easily.