A question about a recipe: Michel Guérard's Celeriac Purée

Aea10c25 57ac 41ef 902a 2a5ac5384bfd  food52 12 7 12 5054

I have a question about the recipe "Michel Guérard's Celeriac Purée" from Genius Recipes. What can I do to adapt this for the lactards in my family? Lactaid makes everything too sweet. Do you think simmering in goat's milk would work?

asked by (]Celia[) almost 6 years ago

I haven't cooked much with goat milk, but maybe someone else could chime in who has. I think this would still be lovely simmered in good vegetable or chicken stock.

SeaJambon

Agree with Kristen. Alternately, if you want to go with a more "milky" substitute (and assuming no nut allergies) you might go with Almond Milk (plain -- NOT vanilla) or even coconut milk.

Rebecca Cherry

i did this recipe with 2c. water, 1c. almond milk, and 1c. cow's milk and it was fine. i think doing it with rice milk would be really tasty.

ATG117

I dont think I would substitute almond or coconut milk, but would probably opt fro vegetable stock.

Rebecca Cherry

i agree with ATG117 on the coconut milk. almond milk wasn't my first choice but, it was what i had. i really think rice milk is the non-dairy, creamy way to go. then, either add the cream, if you can stomach the small lactose dose or, just use the leftover, hot rice milk.