🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chrissy's Best Chili Ever

B220c4f8 082c 43f9 b29f 22201cf5d953  img 4768

I have a question about the recipe "Chrissy's Best Chili Ever" from MyFareFoodie. I'd like to make this vegetarian. what quantity of beans/mushrooms/etc. would you suggest for a meat substitute?

asked by jess j over 4 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I just tested this chili recipe for community pick: http://food52.com/recipes...
I had been looking for (and trying to develop myself) a good vegetarian chili, and I thought the combination of quinoa and beans was an excellent substitute for meat. To keep the same proportions as in Chrissy's chili, I'd use a cup of quinoa and 4 cups of beans. I hope this works for you.