🔕 🔔

Is it possible to flambé rice pudding with rum?

asked by lowden almost 5 years ago

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I don't know, but I've simply flavored rice pudding with a little rum and orange zest, then brulee'd the top (like creme brulee.) That was pretty delicious. Just another spin on your idea.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Simple flambé process in this case is to serve the puss, heat the spirits table side, light, and pour in a slow drizzle over the dessert in front of guests.
Practice is a good idea. Very easy once you get the knack.
For added effect, pour with one hand about two feet above the dish while sprinkling cinnamon powder onto the flame. Cinnamon, behind wood bark. Burns and sparkles - thanks to Commanders Palace for teaching me this trick.