I have leftover rice from a wonderful Indian restaurant and don't want to waste it. What is the best rice pudding recipe out there?

Rice pudding

• Posted by: Bek
  • October 14, 2013

ZombieCupcake
ZombieCupcake October 14, 2013

Really a matter of a opinion and good pairing. Say you like apples for example use shed 1 apple, pour a 3/4 cup milk (or milk sub) handful of pecans, cinnamon and maple syrup over medium heat for about 15minutes. That would make a nice simple rice pudding.

Erica
Erica October 15, 2013

add a can of coconut milk, a bit of cardamom, some sugar and maybe some golden raisins and a few chopped pistachios. stir and simmer til the milk is absorbed. taste for the sugar and spice(s). yum.

Panfusine
Panfusine October 15, 2013

It would also depend on what kind of rice it is, restaurant style Basmati does not lend it self to a creamy rice pudding, since the grains tend to be separate, If its a jasmine rice , then just add 2 cups of regular milk , some crushed cardamom and cook it down till its soft, add 1/2 a cup of condensed milk,, some toasted cashews and you'll have some fabulous Paayasam (Indian style rice pudding)